- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 2 French shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh thyme, chopped
- 375 ml (1½ cups) chicken stock
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 180 ml (¾ cup) fine corn meal (polenta)
- 155 g (5½ oz.) Religieuse cheese, grated
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt the butter and sauté the shallots, garlic and mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the fresh thyme. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring the chicken stock and milk to a boil. Whisk in the corn meal very slowly. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat. Add ¾ of the grated cheese. Stir and season to taste.
- Serve with the the mushroom mixture and the rest of the grated Religieuse.
- La polenta se conserve au réfrigérateur 4 à 5 jours.
Your message has been send successfully.