- 2 L (8 cups) medium-sized potatoes, quartered
- 60 ml (¼ cup) salted butter, melted
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. (10 tsp.) cornstarch
- 250 ml (1 cup) 10% cream
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 200 g (7 oz.) Nabulsi cheese, diced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 230oC (450oF). Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and coat them with the melted butter. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until they are tender and golden, turning them over a few times during cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- In another saucepan, dissolve the cornstarch in the cream and add the curry. Pour into the saucepan with the onion mixture. Return to a boil and simmer until it thickens, about 5 to 7 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Divide half of the cheese pieces among 4 bowls and top with the roasted potatoes. Garnish with the remaining cheese. Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle with the cilantro. Serve.
- The sauce can be made in advance and will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. The poutine must be assembled just before serving.
Your message has been send successfully.