- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 1.6 kg (3.5 lb) pork shoulder
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) ketchup
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cider vinegar
- 1 pinch ground hot pepper
- 7 ml (1 ½ tsp) Worcestershire sauce
- One 341 ml bottle of beer, your choice
- 200 g (7 oz) Le Fêtard cheese, grated or sliced
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
- In a bowl, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, ground hot pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
- In an oven-proof saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat and sear the pork for 2 minutes per side. Remove the pork and set it aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes to brown them slightly.
- Place the pork back into the saucepan, then pour the ketchup mix and beer in.
- Bring to a boil. When it boils, cover and bake for 3 hours.
- Remove the pork from the sauce.
- Using a fork, shred the meat and discard the excess fat.
- Return the pork to the sauce and add the cheese.
- Stir and serve before the cheese is fully melted. S
- erve on a sandwich or salad.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
- Visit our Semi-soft cheeses section.
Your message has been send successfully.