- 250 ml (1 cup) red ale
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) steak spice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) canola oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) tomato paste
- 4 beefsteaks, your choice (e.g.: strip loin, sirloin, inside round)
- 125 g (4½ oz.) Le Trois-Pistoles cheese, sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh basil, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the beer with the spice, garlic, oil and tomato paste.
- Stir using a whisk to obtain a smooth marinade.
- Add the steaks, coat them well and let marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes on one side.
- Turn them over and place a slice of cheese on each steak.
- Continue cooking for up to 2 minutes, according to the thickness of the steaks and the desired doneness.
- Combine the basil and parsley, then sprinkle the mix on the cheese-covered steaks.
- Serve with vegetables en papillote.
- The grilled steaks will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Your message has been send successfully.
You can use these cheeses for this recipe
These full-bodied wines have an intense colouring and a powerful, complex bouquet of fruit, spice, and sometimes woody aromas. They present a hearty tannic structure and a velvety sensation in the mouth.