- 1 pie crust, 23 cm (9 in.)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Butter
- 1 litre (4 cups) Red onions, sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Maple syrup
- 125 ml (½ cup) Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g (7 oz) Benedictus cheese, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Pre-bake the pie crust for 10 minutes, then brush it with Dijon mustard.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and brown the onions for 10 minutes.
- Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes so the onions are well coated.
- Add the blueberries and a generous amount of pepper.
- Fill the crust with the blueberry and onion mixture.
- Cover with the cheese and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until both the crust and the cheese are golden brown.
Your message has been send successfully.