- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 250 ml (1 cup) celery, diced
- 1 apple (Cortland, Empire, Spartan or Delicious), diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) long-grain rice
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) old-style mustard
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) roasted cashews
- 200 g (7 oz) Le Mamirolle, diced
- In a saucepan at medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the onion, garlic and cubed chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add diced celery and apple and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice, moisten with water and dissolve mustard.
- Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer over low heat for 15-18 minutes.
- Add parsley, cashew nuts and cheese. Stir and serve immediately.
Your message has been send successfully.