- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) zucchini, diced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) red pepper, diced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) yellow pepper, diced
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) Arborio rice
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 litre (4 cups) warm chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and ground pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh basil, chopped
- 250 g (8 oz) L’Hercule de Charlevoix cheese, rind removed, grated
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Brown the vegetables for five minutes.
- Add the rice and stir well, making sure that the rice grains are fully coated by the oil and butter mixture.
- Pour the wine into the saucepan and add the bay leaf. Season.
- Continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring constantly and gradually adding in the chicken stock in small quantities at approximately three- to four-minute intervals. The rice should still be slightly crunchy but all of the liquid should be absorbed.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Add the cheese, stir well and let melt.
- Add the basil and adjust the seasoning before serving.
Your message has been send successfully.