- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) wild mushrooms (mix of porcini (boletus), shiitake and oyster mushrooms, to taste), into strips
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) arborio rice (Italian risotto rice)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 L (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) 15% cooking cream
- 200 g (7 oz) Le Noble cheese, rind removed, in small cubes
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan, and sauté the wild mushrooms. Add parsley. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, brown the shallot in the remainder of the butter. Add the rice and mix well.
- Add the white wine and about (250 ml) 1 cup of vegetables stock. Let the mixture simmer, stirring regularly until the rice has absorbed almost all the liquid.
- Add vegetable stock into the rice gradually, as it is absorbed, stirring regularly.
- Once the vegetable stock has been absorbed by the rice (after about 25 minutes), add the mushroom mixture, cream and cheese. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for a substitute for this cheese?
- Try this recipe with a Brie from here.
Your message has been send successfully.