- 1.5 l (6 cups) butternut squash, cubed
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 60 ml (¼ cup) melted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 115 g (4 oz.) Rayon d’Or cheese, grated
- Lime wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 210°C (425°F). Place the squash cubes and shallots in a large baking dish. Coat with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper and stir well before spreading the vegetables in the dish. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the squash cubes are tender and browned, transfer to the bowl and stir. Top with cheese and let melt for 2 minutes. Stir again and serve with lime if desired.
- Roasted squash with Rayon d’Or will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Your message has been send successfully.