- 500 ml (2 cups) demi-glace sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) old-style mustard
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- As needed peanut or canola oil for frying
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 litre (4 cups) potatoes, cut into thin sticks
- 500 ml (2 cups) turnips, cut into thin sticks
- 500 ml (2 cups) carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 500 ml (2 cups) rutabaga, cut into thin sticks
- 500 ml (2 cups) beets, cut into thin sticks
- 300 g (10 oz.) TÊTE À PAPINEAU cheese, diced
- In a saucepan, heat the demi-glace sauce with the mustard and parsley.
- Heat the oil to 350˚F (180˚C) in a saucepan or deep fryer and fry the vegetables until they are golden.
- Fry the beets last, because they colour the oil. Dry them on paper towels.
- Put the vegetable fries in bowls. Garnish with the cheese cubes and top with sauce. Serve.
- The sauce can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. Final preparation of the poutine, however, must be done just before eating.
Your message has been send successfully.