- 450 g (1 lb) parsnips
- 1 large turnip
- 450 g (1 lb) white turnips (rappini)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh thyme, chopped
- 250 g (9 oz) Le Cendré des Prés, sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Slice the parsnips, the turnip and the rappini into very fine spears, using a mandolin or a well sharpened knife.
- In a large frying pan, brown the vegetables in butter until they are golden. Add the garlic and honey and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt, freshly ground pepper and fresh thyme.
- Spread out the vegetables in a 3 L (13 in x 9 in) au gratin dish, alternating layers with slices of Le Cendré des Prés. End with a layer of cheese slices. Pour 35% cream over top.
- Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve hot, as a side dish.
- This dish can be kept frozen for up to 3 months; cover the dish with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer.
Your message has been send successfully.