- 1 loaf of frozen bread dough, store-bought, defrosted
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 bacon slices, cut into cubes
- 500 ml (2 cups) Saint-Augustin, grated
- 1 egg
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and brown the onions. Add salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same frying pan, brown the bacon bits. Let cool.
- On a floured work surface, knead dough while adding bacon bits and onions.
- Add the Saint-Augustin, and continue to knead the dough.
- Place the dough in a greased loaf pan.
- Let it stand in a humid and warm place for 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg and milk together.
- Brush the top of the loaf with the egg and milk mixture.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- Let it cool before taking it out of the pan.
Your message has been send successfully.