- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) salted butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) fennel, finely sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) cider vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) honey
- 250 g (½ lb.) salmon fillet, cut into 12 cubes
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) freshly ground pepper
- 100 g (3½ oz.) Le Cendré de Notre-Dame cheese, cut into 12 small slices
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fennel fronds, chopped
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat and cook the fennel for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and honey. Season with salt to taste. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon cubes on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven on broil for 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Place 3 salmon cubes each on 4 plates and top each one with a slice of cheese. Garnish with some fennel chutney. Drizzle a little of the liquid from the chutney over each plate and sprinkle with the fennel fronds. Serve immediately.
- The cooked salmon will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Your message has been send successfully.