- 3 eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 875 ml (3 1/2 cups) flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) dried Herbes de Provence
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 1 leek, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated vegetables of your choice (carrots, zucchini, sweet potato, squash, etc.)
- 200 g (7 oz) Vacherin Fri-Charco, grated
- 250 ml (1 cup) sour cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh chives, chopped
- Combine the eggs and sugar. Whip until thick and creamy. Add the milk and melted butter once it has cooled. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, herbs and spices. Add the vegetables and cheese.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, stirring until the batter is smooth. Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes to firm the batter.
- Mix the sour cream and chives, and season generously. Set aside in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Drop the batter by the spoonful on a buttered baking sheet or one lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the donuts at 200°C (400°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool on a rack. Store the donuts in an airtight container to guard from moisture.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with the sour cream dipping sauce.
Your message has been send successfully.