- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) butter
- 12 scampi tails, shells removed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) white wine
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) poultry stock
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 15% cooking cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Miranda, grated
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh tarragon, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a frying pan, melt half of the butter, and sauté the scampi tails for 3 to 4 minutes, until the flesh is slightly golden. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, brown the shallot in the remainder of the butter.
- Add the white wine and continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has almost completely evaporated.
- Add the poultry stock and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cream, Miranda and tarragon. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with wild rice, and top the scampi with the creamy Miranda sauce.
Your message has been send successfully.