- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 1 medium-sized red onion
- 155 ml (2/3 cup) red wine vinegar
- 155 ml (2/3 cup) water
- 215 g (7 ½ oz) sugar
- 85 g (3 oz) Brie from here, rind removed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) 2% plain yogurt
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 slices rye bread
- 185 g (6 ½ oz) smoked salmon
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) chives
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (½ per person)
- 3 ml (½ tsp.) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- For the marinade, cut the cucumbers and the onion into fine slices with a mandoline or a knife. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the vinegar with the sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot mixture over the vegetables. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- For the crémeux, mix the cheese with the yogurt, zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whip the mixture until a smooth consistency is achieved. Set aside.
- When you’re ready to serve, lightly toast the bread and spread some Brie from here crémeux on each slice. Add the smoked salmon.
- Mix the cucumbers, onion and chives with the oil. Season with salt and pepper and place on the sandwich.
- Chop the eggs coarsely and add about half an egg per person.
- Top with a dash of olive oil. Serve.
Your message has been send successfully.
You can use these cheeses for this recipe
You may also like
These full-bodied wines have an intense colouring and a powerful, complex bouquet of fruit, spice, and sometimes woody aromas. They present a hearty tannic structure and a velvety sensation in the mouth.