- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) flour
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 500 ml (2 cups) carrots, diced
- 750 ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) 15% cooking cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) Napoléon, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 450 g (1 lb) shrimps, deveined
- 450 g (1 lb) scallops
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh dill, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, melt half the butter, and cook the shallots and leeks until tender. Add the flour, and cook while stirring for one minute.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Then, add the cream, milk and Napoléon. Continue cooking while stirring to completely melt the cheese. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt the remaining butter, and sauté the shrimp and scallops for 2 minutes.
- Place a portion of shrimps and scallops in the centre of each bowl. Add the chowder and top with fresh dill.
Your message has been send successfully.