- 8 eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) walnuts, finely chopped
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) mixed mushrooms (white, shiitake, oyster, porcini, etc.)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) poultry stock
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 15% cooking cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) La Brise des Vignerons, rind removed, cut into cubes
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 bottle (4 L or 8 cups) canola oil
- Cook 6 eggs for 3 to 4 minutes in boiling water (i.e. soft-boiled, with the yolk still runny).
- Cool eggs in ice water and carefully remove the shells. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the remaining eggs with a fork.
- In a third bowl, mix panko breadcrumbs with walnuts. Set aside.
- Coat each soft-boiled egg in flour, then the egg mixture, and then the breadcrumb mixture. Refrigerate on a plate until they are ready to be fried.
- In a saucepan, melt 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of butter and brown the mushrooms and shallot until golden. Set a few mushrooms aside for the garnish.
- To the mushroom and shallot mixture add the poultry stock, the cream and La Brise des Vignerons, and let simmer approximately 20 minutes.
- Use an electric mixer to blend the preparation into a cream of mushrooms. Set aside, keep warm.
- In a large frying pan, melt the remainder of the butter, and cook the spinach leaves and garlic for several minutes.
- Just before serving, heat oil in the deep fryer to 180°C (350°F) and try the eggs for around 2 minutes, just until golden brown.
- Divide the cream of mushrooms into soup plates and arrange a nest of spinach leaves.
- Place an egg in each and garnish with the mushrooms set aside.
Your message has been send successfully.