- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 227 g (8 oz) white mushrooms, sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 796 ml (28 oz) crushed tomatoes, canned
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh basil, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) Blackburn, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prick the squash with a fork. Cook in the microwave for about 25 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool down.
- During this time, in a frying pan, brown the onion, garlic and mushrooms in butter. Add the tomatoes and basil. Then, add salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Halve the squash. Remove the seeds, and remove the pulp (which resembles spaghetti).
- Place the pulp in a buttered 2 L (8 cups)-baking dish or divide among single serving dishes. Top with the tomato mixture, then with the /Blackburn. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted or golden brown.
Your message has been send successfully.