- 8 Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and unpeeled, cut into sticks
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) smoked paprika
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) salt
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) cayenne pepper
- 450 g (1 lb) cheese curds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) demi-glace sauce, home-made or store-bought
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, submerge the potato sticks in cold water to avoid browning. Set aside.
- Combine together the smoked paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper. Coat the cheese curds with the spice mix. Set aside.
- For the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the shallot and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the demi-glace sauce and continue cooking for 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Add the cubes of butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- While waiting for the sauce to thicken, heat the oil in the deep fryer to 340˚F (170˚C). Blanch the fries by lowering them into the oil for about 5 minutes. After removing them from the deep fryer, allow the oil to drip off.
- Raise the temperature of the deep fryer to 350˚F (180˚C). Again, lower the fries into the oil and fry for 2 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and crispy. Transfer them onto a paper towel to remove excess oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, garnish the fries with the spiced curd cheese and pour the sauce over top. Serve.
- Cooking the fries twice makes them soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Your message has been send successfully.