- 250 ml (1 cup) asparagus, cut into 2.5 cm (1 in.) sections
- 250 ml (1 cup) green beans, cut into 2.5 cm (1 in.) sections
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) frozen edamame (green soybeans)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) canola oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) white wine vinegar
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, finely sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 125 g (4½ oz.) Tomme du Fleuve, a semi-soft cheese, diced
- 1 L (4 cups) spring lettuce mix
- In a saucepan, bring some salted water to a boil and cook the asparagus, beans and edamame for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, cover with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, honey, vinegar, white wine, bacon and green onion. Season with salt and pepper. Add the vegetables, mix and adjust the seasoning.
- Divide the mixture among 2 Mason jars that can hold 500 ml (2 cups). Cover with the cheese pieces and finish with the lettuce mix. Do not mix the contents, so the lettuce remains attractive. Set aside in the refrigerator or in a cooler until lunchtime.
- Stir the pots to coat the salad with the vinaigrette. You can also turn the salads out onto a plate. Serve.
- The jars of salad, unstirred, will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Your message has been send successfully.