- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) squash of your choice, cooked
- 4 eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 300 g (8 oz) Ricotta from here
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) ground ginger
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
- Purée the cooked squash using a mixer or food processor.
- Add the eggs, milk and cheese. Stir until the mixture has a smooth, uniform consistency.
- Add the ginger and season generously.
- Divide the mixture among 6 medium-sized ramekins that are greased with butter or lined with parchment paper.
- Place them in a baking dish and pour enough water in the dish to reach halfway up the side of the ramekins (double boiler).
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes or until the flans are set (a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean).
- Remove the flans from the double boiler and invert onto plates.
Your message has been send successfully.