- 375 ml (1½ cups) fresh or frozen strawberries, coarsely cut
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sugar
- 4 slices homemade or store-bought pound cake
- 185 g (6½ oz.) sliced Le BRIE Paysan cheese
- 250 ml (1 cup) sliced fresh strawberries
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) icing sugar
- Combine coarsely cut strawberries and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, purée, and let cool.
- Place a large slice of pound cake on each plate.
- Top with cheese.
- Add strawberry coulis and garnish with strawberries slices.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Looking for a substitute for this cheese?
- The strawberry coulis will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. The shortcake should not be assembled until ready to serve.
Your message has been send successfully.