- 60 ml (1/4 cup) bacon, cut in small pieces
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Paris mushrooms, sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) washed spinach
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) of Le Mi-Carême cheese, in small cubes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chicken stock
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) old-fashioned mustard
- 4 striped bass filets, each 170 g (6 oz), or other firm white fish
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a pan, fry the bacon on high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes. Incorporate half the cream (60 ml or 1/4 cup). Add half the cheese (180 ml or 3/4 cup) and spinach. Add salt and pepper. Set aside in a baking dish and keep warm in the oven at 70°C (150°F).
- In another pan, cook the filets in butter until golden. Turn over and cook one minute more. Add salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm with the spinach and cheese preparation.
- Deglaze the bottom of the pan with chicken stock. Add mustard and the remainder of the cream. Incorporate the remainder of the cheese and continue cooking until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
- Distribute the first mixture of cream, cheese and spinach on 4 plates and place a filet on each. Cover with the La Brique cheese and old-fashioned mustard sauce.
Your message has been send successfully.