- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 3 ml (½ tsp.) ground chipotle pepper
- Salt and ground pepper
- 375 ml (1½ cups) diced cooked chicken
- 240 g (8½ oz.) Le Cendré cheese cut into 6 slices about 5 mm (¼ in.) thick
- Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Sour cream to taste
- Preheat oven to 400oF (200oC).
- Place potatoes in a large baking dish and cut a deep “X” into the top of each.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender.Combine onion, bell pepper, and bacon in another baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chipotle pepper and generously salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add chicken.When potatoes are done, cut off top of each and scoop out flesh. Save flesh for another use.
- Fill potato shells with chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Top each with a slice of cheese and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes.Remove from oven, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with sour cream. Accompany with green salad.
Looking for a substitute for this cheese?
- Stuffed potatoes may be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Your message has been send successfully.