- 300 g (10 oz) Japanese short-grain rice (The Kokuho brand is ideal)
- 330 ml (1 1/3 cup) water
- 8 prosciutto slices
- 200 g (7 oz) of Cheddar L'Ancêtre cheese, cut in 8 sticks
- 8 slices of cooked chicken
- 8 sundried tomatoes, halved
- 4 basil leaves
- Put the rice in a strainer, and immerse in a large salad bowl filled with water.
- Stir the rice with your fingers, and remove the milky water formed by the starch.
- Continue to rinse the rice under running water until the rice water runs clear. Drain well.
- Place the drained rice and water in a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer very slowly for 8 to 10 extra minutes.
- Take off the cover, and let the rice rest for 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside.
- Spread the sushi mat on a clean work surface, and cover with 4 prosciutto slices by overlapping them slightly.
- Cover with a thin layer of cooked rice.
- Place 4 Cheddar sticks, 5 slices of chicken, 8 sundried tomatoes halves, and 2 basil leaves.
- Lift up the mat by holding the toppings with fingers if necessary. Roll tightly.
- Repeat the process to prepare a second roll.
- Unroll the mat. Cut each roll into 6 pieces.
Your message has been send successfully.