- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half and degermed
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) tandoori curry paste
- 540 ml (19 oz.) canned lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg
- 125 ml (½ cup) breadcrumbs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) sunflower oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) [https://www.ourcheeses.com/directory/labneh/]Labneh
- 1 lime’s zest
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh mint, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (210˚C).
- Using a food processor, chop the carrot and celery pieces with the garlic. Add the tandoori curry paste and half the lentils.
- Blend in the food processor into a smooth purée. Stir in the egg, breadcrumbs and salt. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the rest of the lentils.
- Form small patties with the lentil mixture and place them on a baking sheet brushed with sunflower oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning the croquettes over once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, combine the cheese with the lime zest, cilantro, mint and honey. Season generously and let stand while the lentil croquettes are baking.
- Serve the croquettes hot with Labneh sauce.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
- Check out our fresh cheeses category.
Your message has been send successfully.