- 8 yellow potatoes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) bacon, finely diced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh cream
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 small wheels (340 g or 12 oz) of 14 Arpents, halved width-wise
- 250 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Boil the potatoes in salted water. Drain and slice.
- In a frying pan, heat butter on medium heat and brown the sliced onion.
- Add the bacon and brown it as well.
- In a gratin dish, spread a layer of sliced onions and bacon, a layer of potatoes, another layer of sliced onions and bacon, and a final layer of potatoes.
- Top with fresh cream. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Add cheese. Pour white wine over top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Your message has been send successfully.