- 6 beef slices (inside round)
- 1 piece (200 g ou 7 oz) of Frère Jacques, rind removed and sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh spinach
- 1 zucchini, cut in sticks
- 1 red pepper, in thin straps
- 1 yellow pepper, in thin straps
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box (795 ml or 28 oz) whole stewed tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) coriander seeds, crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cumin, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh cilantro, chopped
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the beef slices between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and tenderize with a hammer. Season meat.
- Place slices of Frère Jacques, some spinach leaves and 2 sticks of yellow pepper, green pepper and zucchini.
- Add the cilantro. Form a roll and hold together with a toothpick.
- Grill on the BBQ, sear at first on high, then cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the beef rolls and place on a plate. Serve with grilled corn and Cajun sauce.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and purée.
- Pour the preparation into a saucepan and reduce by half, approximately 10 minutes. Serve as an accompaniment.
- Try this recipe with a Swiss From Here for a more pronounced flavour.
Your message has been send successfully.