- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Sunflower oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Fresh ginger, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Lime juice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 15 to 30 ml (1 to 2 tbsp.) Fresh mint, chopped
- 455 g (1 lb) beef sirloin steak
- 1 head of boston lettuce, shredded
- 750 ml (3 cups) nappa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) bean sprouts
- 250 ml (1 cup) carrots, julienned
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 200 g (7 oz) Tête Dure cheese, with or without the rind, cut in thin sticks
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) peanuts or cashews, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the BBQ to high heat.
- On the BBQ, cook the meat until desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the oils, garlic, ginger, lime juice, cilantro and mint.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl, except for the beef and peanuts or cashews. Mix well.
- Slice the cooked steak. Split the salad into four deep plates and top with slices of steak and peanuts or cashews. Serve immediately.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
- Visit our Semi-soft cheeses section.
Your message has been send successfully.