- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Agropur Grand Cheddar Réserve Spéciale cheese, finely diced
- 454 g (1 lb.) ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) breadcrumbs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sesame seeds
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) coriander seeds, crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) pepper flakes, crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cumin seeds, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tzatziki sauce, store-bought, condiment
- Bread chosen: Pita bread
- Preheat BBQ to high heat or preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the meat, garlic, leek, mint, egg, breadcrumbs, sesame seeds and spices. Add salt and pepper. (This meat mixture resembles Kefta or Moroccan meatballs.)
- Use 1/4 of the meat mixture for each skewer.
- Press the meat mixture onto the skewer and insert the diced cheese into the meat.
- Bake in the oven or cook on the barbecue for 5 minutes on each side.
- Open the pita bread, fill with the meatballs and top with the Tzatziki sauce.
Your message has been send successfully.