- 2 slices Emmental L’Ancêtre cheese, grated
- 2 slices Serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1 egg, poached
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) hollandaise sauce, home-made
- Bread chosen: English muffin
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter, diced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Slice open the English muffin and toast it lightly.
- Place the ham and cover with the poached egg.
- Top with hollandaise sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, beat the milk and eggs together until the mixture slightly thickens. Remove from heat.
- Add the butter in small amounts, beating constantly to get a smooth mixture.
- Add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Your message has been send successfully.