- Uncooked pie crust of 23 cm (9 in)
- 4 large tomatoes cut in 80 mm (1/3 in) thick sections
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh basil leaves, well packed
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) Ricotta from here
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 g (4 oz) Baluchon cheese, grated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Raclette From Here, grated
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- With a food processor, purée the basil leaves, ricotta and eggs to a smooth mixture. Add eggs and mix until preparation is uniform.
- Add the two other cheeses. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until the filling is consistent.
- Use paper towel to throughly dry tomato sections on both sides.
- Place enough tomato sections on tart to cover. Set aside remaining tomato sections.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the tart, smoothing the surface well.
- Cover with remaining tomato sections, slightly overlapped.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Bake tart at 175°C (350°F) for 45 minutes or until the cheese filling is firm.
- Let cool 10 minutes. Remove from mould. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Your message has been send successfully.