- 125 ml (1/2 cup) and 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 450 g (1 lb) ground veal
- 450 g (1 lb) ground pork
- 450 g (1 lb) ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) white mushrooms, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh thyme, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) poultry stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 500 ml (2 cups) carrots, diced
- 500 ml (2 cups) frozen green peas
- 450 g (1 lb) peeled yellow potatoes, cut in cubes
- 1 cauliflower, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 35% cream
- 750 ml (3 cups) Le Mont-Jacob, grated
- In a large frying pan, melt 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter and brown the meat for about 5 minutes. Set aside on a plate. In the same frying pan, melt 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter and cook the onions and mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Add the thyme and flour, and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Put the meat back into the frying pan, and let simmer over low heat until the liquid is almost absorbed (around 10 minutes). Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the carrots for about 5 minutes. Drain and put back into the saucepan. Add the green peas. Mix together and set aside.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes and cauliflower until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and purée the vegetables. Add 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter, the cream and 500 ml (2 cups) Le Mont-Jacob. Then, add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Butter a 38 cm x 25 cm (15 in x 10 in) baking dish. Spread the meat mix on the bottom. Layer with the carrot mix, then the potato and cauliflower mix. Sprinkle with the remaining Le Mont-Jacob. Bake for about 50 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve hot.
Your message has been send successfully.