- 1 large red beet
- 1 large yellow beet
- 150 g (5 oz) L'Inspiré cheese, rind removed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) honey
- 45 g (1.5 oz) ground almonds
- 85 g (3 oz) smoked lard, in small lardoons
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) olive oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 60 g (2 oz) baby spinach, cleaned
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the beets in salted boiling water until tender (approximately an hour and a half). Peel and set aside.
- Make 12 little balls of equal size (truffles) with the cheese. Roll the truffles in honey and then in the ground almonds. Set aside.
- Cook the lardoons in a thick-bottomed pan. Drain and set aside.
- When you’re ready to serve, slice the beets in fine slices using a mandoline set at 2 mm (1/16 in.), and place three slices on each plate, alternating between colours. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season the baby spinach leaves with the remaining honey, lemon juice, oil and lardoons. Season with salt and pepper. Lay on the beets.
- Place the truffles on the tian* and serve.
Your message has been send successfully.