- 250 g (½ lb.) linguine
- 820 ml (29 oz.) can of tomatillos,* drained and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 625 ml (2½ cups) boiling water
- 500 ml (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 540 ml (9 oz.) can of chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced into rings (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100 g (3½ oz.) Parmesan from here cheese, grated, such as [Parmesan Riviera or Parmed'Or
- 155 ml (2/3 cup) fresh cilantro, chopped
- *Tomatillos are part of the ground cherry family and resemble small green tomatoes. The inside is similar to a cherry tomato. They are sold in cans in supermarkets such as IGA.
- In a large saucepan, combine the linguine, tomatillos, garlic, onion, boiling water, cherry tomatoes, chick peas and pepper. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente and has absorbed most the liquid. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add half of the cheese and stir.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with the cilantro and remaining grated cheese.
- The pasta will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Your message has been send successfully.