- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) honey or sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 French bread
- 225 g (8 oz.) Magie de Madawaska cheese, sliced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) rosemary, chopped
- In a saucepan, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove excess fat.
- Add the tomatoes and honey or sugar. Add a generous amount of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid is syrupy. Pour the jam into a jar and let cool.
- Halve the bread lengthwise. Spread the warm or cold jam generously on the bread. Top with cheese and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Cut the sandwich into 4 pieces and serve with soup.
- The sandwich will keep in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days. The jam will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Your message has been send successfully.