- 4 Italian tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sundried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh basil, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 package (450 g or 1 lb) of wonton wrappers, store-bought
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter, melted
- 250 ml (1 cup) Blackburn cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, mix the Italian tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, honey, balsamic vinegar, basil, and pine nuts together. Add salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- Divide the wonton wrappers among the moulds of a muffin pan to form little cups. Brush the wrappers with the melted butter. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the little cups are lightly golden.
- Divide the tomato mixture among the cups and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Serve hot.
- These bites may aslo be prepared with different cheeses such as Bergeron Classique or Le Canotier de l'Isle.
Your message has been send successfully.