- 8 turkey or chicken escalopes, about 75 g (2½ oz.) each
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) salted butter, melted
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Italian tomatoes
- 2 rounds (100 g / 3½ oz. each) of Mercredi des Cendres, sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh basil, shredded
- Preheat the BBQ to medium-high heat or the oven to 210 oC (425 oF).
- Mix the melted butter and curry together. Season with salt and pepper. Place the escalopes on a plate and brush with the flavoured butter.
- Cut each tomato into 4 slices lengthwise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the escalopes and tomato slices on the grill or in the oven for about 5 minutes on each side or until the meat is well cooked.
- On 4 plates, place an escalope each. Top with half of the grilled tomatoes. Add the cheese slices and cover with another escalope. Garnish with the remaining tomatoes and sprinkle with the basil. Serve.
- Cooked escalopes will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Your message has been send successfully.