- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) turnips, diced
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) parsnips, diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) dates, chopped
- Nutmeg, fresh grated to taste
- 2 containers (568 ml or 20 oz) chicken stock
- 750 ml (3 cups) milk
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) of L'Ancêtre Cheddar Bio Vieilli cheese, grated
- A few branches of fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) L'Ancêtre Cheddar Bio Vieilli cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Cook onion until tender. Incorporate vegetables and chopped dates. Caramelize.
- Add chicken stock and nutmeg. Bring to boil on high. Lower heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Purée in a blender. Return soup to the saucepan.
- In a bowl, gradually incorporate milk with flour. Whip until the mixture is smooth, then add it to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on medium, stirring constantly until soup thickens and is consistent. Remove from heat.
- Add some milk as needed to obtain desired consistency. Add the cheese and fresh thyme, and stir until cheese melts. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200°C). On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, place small circles of grated cheese. Cook for about 5 minutes or until they are golden. Let cool and set aside.
- Serve on top of soup with branches of fresh thyme.
Your message has been send successfully.