- 12 oven-ready cannelloni*
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 455 g (1 lb.) ground veal
- 250 ml (1 cup) Ricotta from here cheese
- 60 ml (¼ cup) L’Ancêtre Parmesan cheese, grated
- Finely chopped chives, to taste
- Fresh basil and oregano, to taste
- 125 ml (½ cup) Le Gré des Champs cheese, or another firm cheese from here, grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 60 ml (¼ cup) dried wild mushrooms (boletus, shiitake, etc.)
- 250 ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) butter
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 375 ml (1½ cup) veal or chicken stock
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh chives, finely chopped
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and sauté the shallot and garlic. Add the veal and cook until it loses its pink colour. Add salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Add the ricotta, parmesan and herbs. Stuff the cannelloni.
- Slice the mushrooms into large chunks and soak them for 15 minutes in 250 ml (1 cup) of boiling water. Keep the soaking water. In a saucepan, melt 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of butter and sauté the mushrooms. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Whisk in flour until well blended. Add milk and whisk until thickened. Add the veal stock, mushrooms, soaking water and chives.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Pour some béchamel sauce at the bottom of a 23 x 33 cm (9 x 13'') baking dish. Place the stuffed cannelloni in the dish and cover with the remaining béchamel sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until pasta is tender. When baking is done, remove aluminum foil and spread Le Gré des Champs cheese on top. Broil until cheese is lightly browned. Serve with asparagus if desired.
Your message has been send successfully.