- 10 ml (2 tsp.) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) sugar
- 1 pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 veal loin roast
- 1 round of Sir Laurier d’Arthabaska, 170 g (6 oz.), sliced into 5 pieces
- 60 ml (¼ cup) roasted pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices of unsmoked bacon
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a skillet, heat the butter and sugar on medium-high and cook the pear slices until caramelized, about 2 minutes.
- On a work surface, open the meat horizontally using a knife, without cutting it completely in half (like a book). Place the cheese, nuts and pear inside. Season with salt and pepper.
- Close the roast and wrap it with the slices of bacon. Secure everything using butcher’s string.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on high and brown the meat on all sides.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. This will firm up the filling a bit so that it doesn’t run onto the cutting board.
Your message has been send successfully.