- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 veal cutlets
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white mushrooms, sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Marsala wine
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) poultry stock
- 4 slices Vacherin DuVillage
- Mix the flour, thyme, salt and pepper together in a plate. Lightly coat the cutlets with the flour mixture.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and grill the cutlets. Set aside and keep warm on a plate.
- In the same frying pan, brown the shallot and mushrooms. Deglaze the frying pan with the Marsala wine. Reduce by half.
- Then, add the lemon juice and poultry stock. Continue cooking for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Place the cutlets back into the frying pan, and cover with slices of cheese. Continue cooking until it is lightly melted.
- Serve with buttered fettuccine and green beans.
- This recipe also works well with Vacherin Fri-Charco.
Your message has been send successfully.