- 125 ml (1/2 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 250 ml (1 cup) beef broth or demi-glace sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) whipping cream (35%)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 16 Quebec milk-fed veal medallions
- 340 g (12 oz) Le Cabouron, sliced
- In a saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar and honey to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add beef broth or demi-glace sauce, cream and Dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt butter over medium heat and cook veal for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Meat should be pink in the centre. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide Le Cabouron slices evenly among veal medallions, placing on top, and broil a few minutes until cheese melts.
- Spoon honey-mustard sauce over veal, and serve with roasted rosemary potatoes, carrots and green beans.
Your message has been send successfully.