- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) Butter
- 8 small veal cutlets, 60 g (2 oz) each
- Pepper, fresh ground
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cortland apple, sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Maple syrup
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Cumin seeds, crushed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) veal stock or beef bouillon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) 15% cream
- 8 thin slices of L'Empereur cheese
- Pound the veal cutlets with a mallet or meat pounder to tenderize them. Set aside.
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan with a thick bottom. Pepper the cutlets and cook them on high. Set aside and keep warm in another dish.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter.
- Add shallot, apples, maple syrup, cumin and rosemary. Caramelize.
- Add the veal stock or beef bouillon and reduce. Salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add the cream and incorporate well. Return the veal cutlets to the pan. Place a slice of cheese on each cutlet and broil in the oven about 2 minutes at 230ºC (450ºF) until melted.
Your message has been send successfully.