- 4 veal sirloin steaks, 1.25 cm (½ in.) Thick and 150 g (5 ½ oz.) Each
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) rhubarb*, peeled (if necessary) and diced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- 150 g (5 ½ oz.) Lemaire Swiss cheese, sliced or grated
- In a saucepan, melt half the butter over medium-high heat and cook the leek for 2 minutes.
- Add the rhubarb and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, melt the remaining butter over high heat and sear the steaks 3 minutes per side.
- Top each steak with the rhubarb mixture and cheese.
- Brown in the oven and serve with the cooking juices.
Your message has been send successfully.