- 180 ml (3/4 cup) lentils
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) vegetable stock
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 227 g (8 oz) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 225 ml (1 cup) Le Délice des Appalaches cheese, grated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) toasted pine nuts, finely chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) wheatgerm
- 1 egg, beaten
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) capers
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 hamburger buns
- Pour the lentils and vegetable stock into a large saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and let it simmer partially uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender and the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and brown the onion and mushrooms.
- Add the garlic and balsamic vinegar, and continue cooking for several minutes.
- Place the mushrooms and lentils mixture into a food processor.
- Add the Le Délice des Appalaches cheese, pine nuts, wheatgerm, egg, Dijon mustard, capers, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add salt and pepper, and purée coarsely.
- Form patties about 10 cm (4 in) big.
- Cook on the grill or in a frying pan for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve the patties on hamburger buns, and top as desired.
Your message has been send successfully.