- 500 ml (2 cups) cubed soft bread, crusts removed
- 250 ml (1 cup) oatmeal
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) sunflower seeds
- 250 ml (1 cup) pine nuts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh basil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) shredded Old Cheddar From Here
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, stir together bread cubes, oatmeal and milk.
- When milk has been soaked up, add sunflower seeds, pine nuts, eggs and herbs; stir well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Pierce squash several times and microwave for about 15 minutes, or until softened.
- Cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- With a fork, scrape out squash in strings and place in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt half of butter and cook eggplant and onion. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, melt remaining butter and add bread mixture.
- Cook until golden, stirring. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add eggplant mixture and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a 25 x 40 cm (10 x 15 in) ovenproof dish, spread eggplant and bread mixture.
- Cover with spaghetti squash then potato slices.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cheese is golden and potatoes are cooked.
Your message has been send successfully.