- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) quick oats
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) oat bran or wheat bran
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) baking soda
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 g (9 oz) Riviera Edam, grated or finely chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped ham
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) your choice of peppers, chopped
- 3 chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, bran, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with milk and stir mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add cheese, ham, peppers and onions.
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour in about 60 ml (1/4 cup) of batter and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until pancakes are golden brown. Enjoy.
- The pancake batter can be prepared ahead and cooked in the morning, or pancakes can be cooked in advance and reheated. Wrap in a napkin and enjoy on the go.
- For a shorter cooking time, use two frying pans.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
Your message has been send successfully.