- 125 ml (½ cup) grated carrots
- 125 ml (½ cup) grated daikon (Japanese radish) or lo bok (Chinese radish)
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) rice vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) honey
- Salt and ground pepper
- 60 ml (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) toasted sesame oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 large baguette loaf, sliced lengthwise
- 4 leaf lettuce leaves
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 125 g (4½ oz.) sliced L'Ancêtre Frugal cheese
- 375 ml (1½ cups) thinly sliced cooked chicken
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) hoisin sauce
- 60 ml (¼ cup) chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine carrots and daikon in a bowl.
- Add rice vinegar and honey, then add salt and pepper.
- Let marinate while preparing sandwiches.
- Blend mayonnaise with oil and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- Spread inside of baguette with sesame mayonnaise.
- Add lettuce, cucumber, and cheese.
- Drain marinated vegetables and add to sandwich.
- Finish with chicken, hoisin sauce, and cilantro.
- Close sandwich and cut in four.
Looking for a substitute for this cheese?
- Check out our selection of reduced-fat cheeses.
- The sandwich should not be assembled until ready to serve. The vegetables can be marinated and the sesame mayonnaise can be prepared in advance. They will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Your message has been send successfully.